Terms & Conditions / Privacy & Legal
Your Choice Cover Limited ("Your Choice Cover") takes your privacy very seriously. We promise to do all that we can to protect it.
The personal data we collect about you
Personal data collected, used, stored and transferred by us may include:
- Identity Data including forenames, last name, maiden name, date of birth, gender, marital status, and username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data including home address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data including banks statements, payment card details, savings, debts such as loans and credit cards, income & expenditure, employer & pension benefits, and other assets
- Special Category Data specifically medical history
- Transaction Data including payments made for products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used to access the Your Choice Cover or Mortgage Advice Bureau websites
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our business partners and your communication preferences
How do we collect your personal data?
Personal data is collected by us using the following methods:
- Direct interactions with an adviser in person, by post, phone (including call recordings and voicemail), email or otherwise when sourcing and applying for protection products, processing Identity, Contact and Financial categories of personal data.
- Automated technologies or technical interactions with our website, via the customer portal, by using the web enquiry form, processing Identity, Contact, Financial and Technical categories of personal data.
- Third parties or publicly available sources (processing Identity, Contact and Financial categories of personal data) such as: Third-party firms and advisers with whom you may be interacting, but only with your consent;
Enquiries you may perform on third-party protection product sourcing websites
You will also have the choice to opt-in to receiving other related marketing information and related products and services. You can opt-out of receiving these types of communications at any time by contacting the Compliance team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the relevant link in email communications you receive from us.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to only those staff, appointed representatives, advisers, business partners and suppliers who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your Choice Cover sends cookies to your computer from the Your Choice Cover website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer. Cookies can make the web more useful to you by storing information about your preferences on particular websites, which allows website owners to provide more useful features for their users.
Should you wish to restrict the data that we collect through our tracking software, you can alter your cookies setting in your browser.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Sharing of personal data outside of the European Economic Area
Some of our external suppliers are based overseas so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside of the UK. Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme which requires them to provide protection to personal data equivalent to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and have extended their registration to cover data shared with the UK once the UK leaves the European Union.
We also use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission in contracts with external suppliers in order to provide the same level of protection for personal data as it has in the EEA.